September 25, 2014

Upstairs Coffee and Introvert Issues

This morning, I decided that I was going to need coffee (we're all out of oolong tea at home), so I'm upstairs above the library today. I got here early enough and I have a seat in one of the cafe chairs/tables near the window. It should be nice when the sun comes out. Right now, the sky is kinda dark.

I have yet to get up and get my coffee. They took down the huge menu of drinks that was hanging above the coffee stand thingy the first week. There is no other menu anywhere. I guess I'll have to copy what someone else ordered. Everyone seems to be ordering hot coffee. And I can't hear them well enough to copy their order. And I don't want to look like an idiot or ask about anything. INTROVERT PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!! I'll have to do something soon though. I"m dying of thirst and I NEED caffeine.

I could almost see myself in an actual coffee shop someday in the future. Writing a blog, then working on one of the books I'm writing. I want to be that kind of author. It just seems like it would be cool. Way better than sitting at home and writing. Dang, the back of this chair is not meant for comfortable sitting.

I kinda want to take a webcam picture to show y'all. Lets risk it for the biscuit.
\

I actually had to scoot the laptop over so you couldn't see the guy sitting at the table behind me. Sorry for the frown-ish face. I didn't want it to seem like anything out of the ordinary was happening. I feel like I could never be a spy. I'm not good at this type of thing. One day, I want to do a follow-me-around vlog of a day at school. It might be interesting for some people.

OH! I forgot to tell y'all. I got a thing in the mail the other day from Google. AND I'M OFFICIALLY MAKING MONEY ON YOUTUBE! At least, I don't think I've said it here yet. Super exciting. I don't get any of it until I've made $100 or more though. That sucks. But I already have $25. That's pretty freaking amazing.

They have 3 people working in this tiny coffee shop. I'm amazed at how they move around so easily.  OMG. I figured out how to order because of spanish-speaking people. I'm a freak. I can understand their language better than my own. Of course, it was a mixture of spanish and english that they were speaking, but whatevs. A small coffee with cream it is. As soon as I get the motivation to go up there. Why do I have to have such troubles speaking to people. Its bothersome in so many ways. Here we go, I guess. As soon as these other people get done. Waiting... Passing the time by typing. So nervous. WHY??? I'm sitting here with my wallet in my lap. I feel like I look like an idiot. JUST ROLL WITH IT. Why is this lady taking so long? Gah, FINALLY! This is ridiculous.

Its super hot, not very sweet, and when I was putting sugar in it, I only put three packets and there were no stirring sticks that I could see. But after a few sips, it should be fine. I'm actually kinda glad its warm. Its nice. And it was only like $2 and something. Not yummy, but certainly caffeinated. I already feel more awake. Good. I needed that. I stayed up too late last night. Apparently they also have hot chocolate. I may have to try that at some point in the future. And the youngest girl working today reminds me A LOT of someone I know from Tarkington. But there's no way its her. She was younger than me. But she has almost the same personality and a similar face.

I should probably get to homework. I have an essay due for government today. And then I need to work on stuff for speech class that's due on Sunday. What fun.

I talked with my Jamberry recruiter(?) last night. I'm not really sure if that's what you would call it, but she's the consultant above me. She said she didn't make her second fast start either, but her third is going well. I'm hoping I can make my third, because there is NO way I can sell $515 in just a few days. I'm also going to take orders for gift jars. I need to go out and buy some cheap jars and stuff and make up one or two, then I can take orders. I'm thinking that I'll do the option of a half sheet or whole sheet, depending on how much they're willing to pay.

They play spanish and french influence instrumental music here. Its kinda nice. A little annoying. This would be the perfect place to people watch though.

I need to do homework, I guess. I've been here like 45 minutes.



I think one day in the future, I will sit outside. I just have to find a spot with little sunlight so that I can still see my computer screen.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!