September 3, 2014

Knitted Hats

I'm listening to the audiobook of An Abundance of Katherines by John Green this morning. I have the actual book, but actual reading has become difficult lately. I've also got a ton of things to do today. But I really haven't done much productive except take a shower, wash some dishes, and make a breakfast of a cup of oolong tea and a blueberry bagel.

I pledged one of my knitted hats to another person today. I"m already going to make one for a teacher at my mom's school that recently found out that she has cancer and I've made one for another teachers' friend before. I just feel like people who have cancer deserve to have a nice hat if nothing else. This girl hasn't responded yet, but I hope she does. I want to send her a hat in her favorite color and maybe a handwritten letter and a bible or something. I don't know much about her, except that she's a nerdfighter and she's about to start chemo and lose all her hair for the second time in her life. She's only 17.

I like giving away hats. I like making people happy. I like giving gifts. Because even if I can't make myself happy or anything, I know that I can do that for someone else. I've wanted to do stuff like this ever since I was little, but I haven't had the ability to do so until now. I like it. I have no clue why I'm talking about this.

I wish I had a bunch of friends my age who knitted and crocheted so that we could knit and crochet together and send them to people and maybe have a store together to take care of yarn costs. Or even a version of the quilt and pray group at the church that was knit, crochet, and pray instead. Although I'm not sure that I want to hang around old people all the time. I love old people, but all they want to talk about with me is college and not making the same mistakes that they and their kids made, which is all fine and dandy, but it gets old.

I'm mentally and physically exhausted. It was really bad last night. I kept forgetting things and whatnot. College was really stressful and tiring yesterday. I'm going to work on homework and do chores and watch Doctor Who. Have a great day!

-EW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!