September 19, 2013

Veggie Tales song...

So, I grew up with veggie tales. They were something that we had VHS videos of and we watched them often. They tell funny stories and have a message about Christianity and have silly songs. One that I really enjoyed was Madame Blueberry. It was a tale about a very rich blueberry woman who liked to buy things. And a new store moved in down the street and she ends up going there trying to buy everything that she can think of, because she thinks that it will make her happy. And at one point she sees this little girl who is very joyful and who says something about having a "happy heart". This leads the blue berry to ask where she can buy a happy heart, and the store worker says that they don't sell those. Anyway, they start loading all of these things into her house, which is in a tree, and the house can't take it and ends up falling out of the tree and collapsing. Then she is taught by the same little girl that things don't make you happy and that you have to be thankful for what you have.

In my idea to try and be more like Job, I think I really can re-learn the lesson from this story.

The other day, we helped my grandparents move two new couches into their house because the ones they had were starting to fall apart because they were made of fake leather and they were old. After we were done, my little brother told my grandmother, "Wow, it looks like you have some new good stuff!". My grandmother replied with, "Yes, we do have some good, new stuff, don't we?". I know that she didn't mean anything by it, but it kind of struck a chord with me. I mean, my little brother described the situation the way it really was. There was really no need for new couches because the other ones still worked, but were just a teensy bit messed up. Then my grandmother rephrased his words, meaning that the other stuff was still new, which it was, but it wasn't good anymore. I think that people take away the good in the things that they have too fast. That makes them want "good, new stuff" when they already have things that they don't realize are still good.

I found myself singing this morning when I took the dog out for a walk. It was a paraphrased version of a song in the Madame Blueberry cartoon.

I thank God for this day, for the sun in the sky
For my mom and my dad, for my happy and great life
For my car and my house and my puppy who loves me
That's why I say thanks everyday
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart
I'm glad for what I have, thats an easy way to start
And I know that God's there, and He listens to my prayers
That's why I say thanks everyday.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!