September 7, 2013

Henna Tattoo

So, ever since I was in like 9th grade, I have wanted to get a henna tattoo. Its basically a grown-up version of a temporary tattoo. It uses different substances to stain the skin and the design lasts for about two weeks, depending.

The other day, I went to the craft store and they had a ton of stuff on sale (cheap stuff, yay!), one of which was a henna tattoo kit. Now, because henna is a Hindu type thing that relates to marriage and whatnot, I'm not going to do any of the designs that people typically do with henna.

Today,I finally designed my own henna tattoo that I am going to create with the kit that I bought. It is a pair of fairy wings, which as four parts. On the wings there are a triforce symbol (top left), a TARDIS (top right), a magnifying glass with 221B in the lens (bottom left), and the Harry Potter deathly hallows symbol. The empty spaces in the wings are filled with little swirly designs. Under the picture is a Peter Pan quote that says "To love would be an awfully big adventure" in fancy lettering.

I took a sharpie pen and drew it on my wrist a little while ago to see if it would work, and I love it. I'm totally ready to put it on my arm. However, I have church tomorrow, and I don't want to freak out everyone too much. IDK. I might do it anyway.

And I know that I will have extra henna paste left over, so I googled how to save it. It turns out that you can put it in an airtight container and freeze it and it will keep for a few months. I'm super excited.

I also need to read and work on my stuff for history and theatre that are due tomorrow. I guess that I am going to do the tattoo right now and then start on the work after I do it. BLECH. I wish that I had weekends off from school I also wish that there wasn't so much reading for my classes. I have three different books for history and just one book for each of the three other classes (not counting the MLA book for English).

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!