September 26, 2013

Procrastination in the form of Cosplay

I'm actually supposed to be taking my quiz for English class right now, but I'm procrastinating instead. I checked Facebook. I crocheted some. I was on YouTube. Then I got on pinterest and spent a little while pinning stuff about cosplay. I really love cosplay, too much actually, but I can't help it.

Halloween is coming up, which means that I get to dress up as a character of my choosing. This year, it is Dr. Wobbs from the FF5 music video, Wobble. And I have a cosplay event the second weekend in October. I get to dress up as Snow White for an advertising/picture taking thing. I pulled out my wig and made sure that it was ready. Then I got to thinking, what else could I cosplay as? And when could I cosplay?  I have answered the first question in many ways, but not the second one.

I'm really into Disney cosplay and anime cosplay. I think that it would be really fun to dress up as Ciel or Elizabeth from Black Butler. Its my favourite anime show at the moment. I found a bunch of costumes that are actually pretty extensive for a low-ish price. Disney costumes are  a bit more expensive though, which saddens me.

I kept telling myself for the longest time that I was going to one day go to a convention of some kind and dress up as a character. But the more I think about it, the more impossible it seems. I wouldn't go alone, but I don't really have any friends who watch the same anime shows that I do. Or that would cosplay with me. And I don't like big cities, which is where all of the conventions take place. I don't feel comfortable in crowds, which is basically what a convention is made of. I'm very introverted, so my chances of actually talking to other cosplayers is slim. Oh, and I don't think that I am as strange as most of the people who attend conventions. They take their cosplaying really seriously, and I'm a little intimidated. I just need a really good friend to push me into going to a convention someday, because I lack that I will ever be able to do it on my own.

In the mean time, I am still only about half way done with my hat. I thought that I would be further along by now. It looks like a really bulky and wrinkly doily.



-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!