September 3, 2013

Chore Day Tuesday

Because yesterday was Labor Day, my parents and brothers didn't have to go to school. So, we spent the whole day pretty much at the property. I had to spend part of the morning working on a math assignment though. That was not bueno at all. Some of the problems, I would work out and get an answer and it would be wrong, then I would let an ipad app work it out and get an answer and it would be wrong. I am pretty sure that there are mistakes in the curriculum.

One of the problems was "find two numbers that add together to be ten and multiply to get 23." This is an impossible problem. No two numbers multiply to make 23. 7 and 3 make 21, and 4 and 6 make 24. This is as close as you can get. Its absolutely impossible. So, on my first quiz in College Algebra, I made a 72, all because it was an 8 question quiz and I missed like 2 and the quiz requested answers that didn't exist.

Anyway, I started on a new novel yesterday. Its about a girl with a terminal illness. Cancer, to be exact. But it's not focused on the cancer. Its NOT a cancer book. I can't stand cancer books. Too sad and sappy. This is a sad book, but its not that kind of book.

This morning, I got a bit of a late start. I spent too much time this morning watching netflix. Then, within a period of about 8 minutes, the time that it took for me to get dressed, Puddin' pooped on the floor twice and peed on the floor once. I was about ready to ring her little neck. So, I put her in the living room and closed the area off, then washed some clothes and dishes.

I avoided doing any chores during the three day weekend, but I was actually rather surprised at how much stuff piled up. I mean, we used plastic cups and paper plates and ate out two times, but there was still a sink full of dishes and a ton of clothes to wash. So, during my time alone today, I get to wash all of them and try to get ahead on my school work.

I have to get at least a day ahead on everything in order to go out tomorrow. My best friend, Sarah, and I are going to the movies tomorrow. I have an AMC giftcard that I got for graduation that I still haven't spent, plus we could both use a day to get out of the house and have some girl time.

So, wish me luck on the new novel idea.

-EW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!