September 25, 2013

The Day I was Lazy

I have actually been kind of lazy today. I mean, I've gotten things done, just not as fast as I should. I still haven't worked to finish my English homework. I just don't feel like reading boring stuff, and thats what this week's lesson is full of. It is due tomorrow though, so I need to finish it up. I am about half way through crocheting a hat though.

I know that crocheting is something that doesn't seem like a teenager-y thing, but I am very much a DIY-er, so I thought I might as well do it. I actually learned the basics of crochet when I was a little kid. My grandmother taught me. But I was never really patient enough and I didn't have a pattern to follow. Because of pinterest, I have taken up crocheting again. I saw so many cute things, and I just want to try and make them. Right now, I am working on a purple beret type hat. I think that its going to turn out great. I hope to maybe make a bunch to sell or give as gifts.

I'm not an expert at all, but I can read directions. I looked up a tutorial for this particular hat in order to make it. And I had to start over once. I look up most of the stitches on youtube, because right now I only know the chain stitch and the double chain stitch. But I think that I have potential. After this, I want to try and make one that has ears or something on it. I figure it can't be that hard. I have some black yarn too, so maybe a black hat with bear ears. Or mickey mouse ears.

Crocheting has taken up way too much of my time today. I think that it is because I can see my progress, which makes me want to crochet more. I crocheted while I watched MLP this morning, then again as I watched Death Note during lunch. And I crochet in between doing chores and homework. I never thought that I would actually enjoy it, since I really didn't like it when I was little. Here's a picture of what I have done so far. I think I might be done by the end of the day. And that is a really strange facial expression...



-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!