September 11, 2013

Happy Birthdays and Tracking

Today is September 11th, a day that most people spend in reverence to the people who lost their lives. The thing is, that happened TWELVE YEARS AGO. In that time, I've gone from being in first grade to being a freshman in college. I'm a part of one of the last generations to actually remember the event but I still don't really remember any details. I've seen videos and documentaries. I've read the poems and heard the songs. I know that there are wounds that still lie open, but life moves on. At this point in time, I would like to say "Happy Birthday" to the following people:

HEAVEN LEE ZAKOS
MACKYNZIE JUSTICE
ZACKERY JUSTICE
YASMIN GONZALEZ
LOGAN ARIC REINHART
MELISSA ARVIZU
CORDALE BLACKLOCK
SAARAH DOSANI
SARAH LOASBY
RYAN ERIK SELLDIN

http://www.chron.com/news/9-11/born-on-9-11/

These kids were born on that day, along with many others, and I think that we should be able to move on past the sad things that happened and stop being so sad on their birthday. They will be twelve today, and instead of everyone being happy for them, they see people crying over the people who died. But don't we see that beauty comes from the ashes, people!?

The main part of today's post was supposed to be about the fact that today I am tracking everything I do and how long it takes me. Everything that takes more than five miinutes is written down. My mom keeps saying "You have time to make a video or do what you want, but my house still isn't clean!". So, I am testing that theory and comparing my "free time" to the time that I spend doing necessary things. I mean, it won't take that long to write down each thing for one day. I can even do it for more than one day if thats what it takes.

Wow, I've been blogging for 15 minutes. Real shocker (not). Now, since I am done ranting, I am going to go do some homework while I finish my coffee.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!