April 3, 2013

Rubber Boots and Candles

This morning, I woke up at about 6:00, which is roughly 30 minutes earlier than normal. I was told by my mom to find a flashlight, so I ended up giving up my booklight. I tried for about ten minutes to get back to sleep, but it didn't work.  And, in the candlelight with no running water, I got ready for school this morning.

Last night it rained and whatnot. I wore my zebra print rubber boots today just because it was an opportunity. I also put on what little makeup I normally wear in the half-dark, and fixed my hair in the half-dark too. I got to school about 30 minutes earlier than usual, so I spent a lot of time reading this morning.

The girl who was supposed to lead FCA wasn't able to make it this morning, so I had to improvise a lesson. I talked about easter and its real meaning and how it should impact us more and stuff. I don't feel upset about her not being there, and I'm fine with improvising a lesson. I really didn't know I could do it, but it was just as good as some of my other lessons.

If the lights aren't back on by the time I get home, I'll have to vlog in the dark, or else outside. Either way, it will be interesting. I hope its back on so I can use the wifi to upload the video.

I'm going to visit a college on Saturday, so that should be fun. I think that I will vlog on the way there. I could even use my car camera stand! I will have to find a different way to upload it though. I may end up uploading it late at night or something. The weekend after that, I will be going to another college. I will be staying at a hotel with wifi though, so I can upload it then.

I have begun reading the book Born Standing Up, which is Steve Martin's autobiography. I think that its pretty good so far. This is the first time I have ever read an autobiography, so I wouldn't know. I found out yesterday that Esther's book, This Star Won't Go Out, is already available for pre-order, and will officially come out in January of 2014. I can't wait until it comes out. I never knew Esther, but I think it would have been neat to know her. I think its cool that people make a difference in the world, and leave an impact on the people they meet, even after they're long gone. I want to be that kind of person. I started watching Esther's YouTube videos yesterday, and I want to watch them all. She just seemed like an amazing, friendly, and happy girl. I looked at her website and she would only be a little more than a year older than me if she was still alive. If you aren't a nerdfighter, feel free to check out the vlogbrothers youtube channel and the website of the This Star Won't Go Out Foundation to know more. The foundation helps parents of kids with cancer to be there for their kids and help them in caring for their child. There are bracelets and shirts the you can buy (links on the website) and all of the procedes go to the foundation. I think I might buy some when I get the money.

I think I will probably participate in Esther day also, which is a day that people remember and honor her by just loving one another and telling eachother that they love them.

Another holiday that is coming up is Impossible Astronaut Day, which I am way too lazy to explain, but I will say is a doctor who thing and it is happening this month!

I want to go to vidcon someday. I want to go at least once as a regular person and once as a performer... I forget what those people are really called. Sorry, I just saw something about it and I decided to mention it. I can't get to California, though, so I have a major problem there.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!