April 24, 2013

Snow White

Today I have talent show practice after school. I have no idea what time it starts, but I figure I'll just show up at about 4 and see what happens. The other practices started at four, so I assume that this one does as well. The performance is on Friday at 7, so be there to see it. I brought my ukulele to school today because of this, but I don't feel like I'm getting as much attention for it now as I was the first few times.  I never thought that people would get used to something like that, but, whatever.

I spent some time yesterday looking on amazon to try and find a decently priced Snow White costume (dress and wig). My drama teacher posted on our one act play facebook page about a chance to dress up as Snow White for a little kid's birthday party. The girl is like 2 or 3 years old, so it isn't something that has to look exactly like snow white, but it has to be recognizable. I talked with my mom about it and she said that I could do it, as long as I was payed enough for my time and costume. I think the costume will cost me about 30 or 40 dollars. However, my drama teacher said that she thought that there was one in our theatre props and stuff, so I need to find time to look for that. If I can get away with mainly making a small profit that I can put toward college or a new camera, I will.

I really want to do this because I enjoy being around little kids and I enjoy dressing up. I think its kind of part of being a drama kid, and the part of not wanting to fully grow up. I figure that I am way too far from Florida or California to work as a character at Disney, as I have contemplated before. However, I can make this little kid's birthday by dressing up as her favourite princess. And, maybe I'll get lucky and there will be other moms there who will hire me to dress up for their kids' birthday parties over the summer. I think it would be a really cool summer job. Not to mention, I could do with some money to put away for college. I have applied for what seems like hundreds of scholarships and gotten nothing so far. A job like this could be just what I need. The only thing I would have to pay for is costumes and gas to get there, which are likely to be covered by the money I earn. At least, I hope so.

Then, when my YouTube stuff picks up a little more and I get my adsense account fully set up, I can make a little money that way too. Right now money is something that I am really concerned about. Welcome to the world of being an almost-adult. Blech.

My brother was making fun of me yesterday about this Snow White gig would be the first time I had actually made money, which is a total lie. I've mowed lawns before, and I've cleaned. I've just never been payed a whole lot. And none of those jobs were really things that I enjoyed.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!