April 29, 2013

PROM!

Prom is this weekend, and I am very excited.

I bought my dress about a month or two ago at this thing called the 27 dresses project. A bunch of people donated their old prom dresses and then they were sold to people like me/given away to people who needed them but couldn't pay for a prom dress. My dress was the first one you saw when you went into the little building where the shop was set up. I looked through all of the dresses, but I couldn't find anything that I really liked. I had my eye on this dress the whole time though. My mom convinced me to try it on and it fit almost perfectly. They said that a bunch of different people had tried the dress on and it didn't fit any of them. I felt like a princess when I was wearing it.

While we were in San Marcos, my mother and I visited the outlet mall and ended up going to icing. We found some jewelry and hairthings that were silver and we got them for me to wear with my dress. Dangly earrings, a choker-style necklace, and bobby pins with flowers on them.

I had been talking with my mom about getting TOMS to wear to prom (silver sparkly ones) with my dress. I showed her some online but she didn't think they would go. Yesterday we went to academy to buy some new shoes for my brother and dad. I had forgotten that they sold BOBS, the sketchers equivalent of toms that were very similar and half the price. I ended up getting some white ones that were the typical canvas shoe style, but they have this lace pattern on them. Last night I tried them on with my dress, and they look perfect. I'm looking foreward to the fact that I don't have to bring shoes to change into. I can just dance in my bobs. The cool thing about Bobs is that they donate a pair of shoes to kids in need just like toms does. Not to mention, you get a sticker and a bracelet with every pair you buy.

I'm also excited because I actually have a real date to the prom this year. Last year, I actually ended up asking the guy myself. Now I have a wonderful boyfriend that I am going with. Not to mention, we are riding to prom with my best friend, Ellen, and her date. She's dressing as the TARDIS (She found a dress online) and he's going as the doctor. I'm excited to see what this ends up looking like.

Speaking of Doctor Who, I finished the last season on netfilx this weekend. I was rather sad, but I ended up finding a place online where I can watch season 7. I still haven't gotten to the part where Clara comes in. I have a sticky note on my computer that I am using to keep track of what episode I am on and how far into the episode I am. Currently, I am in the 25th minute of season 7 episode 2. Something about dinosaurs.

My dearest spent this weekend watching Japanese anime, so we spent quite a bit of time this weekend talking about it. He says I would like Full Metal Alchemist. I may begin watching it sometime soon. I'm kind of cautious when it comes to anime because I don't know much about it and I haven't ever really watched any, unless pokemon counts as anime.

GAH! I keep obsessing over prom. Every thought seems to come back to it. I really cannot wait for it, and once its here, I will still be obsessing over it for at least a month afterwards.

I am also really looking foreward to the summer. I want to be free of this madness called "school". I also want to be able to spend more time with my dearest and working on youtube videos. I want to be able to wear shorts that are out of school dress code and spaghetti strap tops. I want graduation to be over so that I can dye my hair red and have the money to get a new camera. I want to be 18 so that I can get a paypal account and begin making money via adsense and bandcamp and whatnot.

By the way, I started a bandcamp page for my music. Right now there is only one song up, but there should be more sometime soon. I've been playing around with music recording programs and whatnot. The one on there already is one that I recorded with my phone. My bandcamp adress is lizardbreathwalker.bandcamp.com ,just so you know.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!