April 5, 2013

I really don't have anything to talk about but I'm blogging anyway...

I am currently reading a book about WW2. Its called Between Shades of Gray, and its by Ruta Sepetys. Its a really good book, but I want to hurry up and finish it. I keep getting hassled for it because the name is similar to that of a book that is well known for being not-so-nice. I keep telling people that it has nothing to do with that, but they keep picking on me for it.

I really have no clue how I can vlog today or tomorrow. I will get home at like 9 today, so I will probably vlog during or after drama pratice. I may not get to edit it. I might be able to upload it while I am eating dinner. As far as tomorrow, I am going to visit a college, then I will be taking some senior pictures in places with bluebonnets. I really don't know when I will find the time to vlog. Welll, technically the vlogging can happen any time during the day, since I will be able to have my camera with me. But, I may not be able to upload it until late at night, if at all. I've been thinking about getting up rather early and uploading a vlog before I leave, but that will be kind of difficult. I will be leaving the house at 7 or so, maybe earlier, so I don't know how early I will be able to get up. I would like to get a decent amount of sleep tonight.

Today, I may be going to see a play. My drama teacher is thinking about cutting practice short to go as a group and see "The Great Gatsby", which is the other advancing play, and our competition. Supposedly it was really good. I hope so, because I don't want to practice from 4 to 8:30.

I'm not very talkative because I haven't had coffee in a whole week. Our Keurig machine broke, and we haven't gotten the chance to get a new one yet, so I've gone without coffee since it broke. Well, I had some instant coffee on Sunday, but instant coffee is nowhere near the real thing. Hopefully we can get a new machine this weekend, so I can have coffee again. We have a normal coffee maker, but it takes too much effort and time to make coffee with it.

When I go to college, I hope I can have my own keurig coffee maker. That way I can have coffee whenever I want. I can fix it while I get ready. I will be staying in the dorms, so I hope the dorm I end  up in has two seperate bedrooms. I want to have a door that I can close to get away from my roommate if I need to. And I can keep it in my bedroom area if my roommate is mean or doesn't like coffee.

The wall beside my bed, which has been featured in several videos (look back at the ukulele covers) is covered in things that I like or think are cool. I don't know that I will take it down when I go to college, but I think I will make another in my dorm. I just think it would make a great background for vlogging and stuff.\

The other day, I created a box for things to take with me when I go to college, and every time I put something new in it I get excited. I just want to be able to have my own living area and be semi-independent.

Is it strange that I'm ready for college, but I'm not exactly ready to graduate high school? There are SOOOOO many things that I am going to miss. Chocolate chip cookies that we have at lunch. Easy classes. All my friends. And its almost a surreal thing to think that I have been working 13 years to get this far, and I've finally made it. I don't know what I'll do when I wake up the morning after graduating and think, wow, I will not step foot in that high school to go to classes for the rest of my life. I will never again have the experience of blogging in the library or sneaking into the teacher's lounge for snack during after school practices. And it makes me miss the little things, and the times long past, like playing crazy imagination games on the playground and being on teams during PE that were based on class. My first crush. Field day. Middle school dances. Prom. Pep-rallies. Singing songs together in class, or while walking down the hallway. Comments made on my pink skinny jeans or my unicorn backpack. Gosh, its almost all gone.

I do have a few things left before its over though. Senior Prom. Senior Trip. Filming a Telenovela. Checking my ranking one last time. Writing a speech (hopefully). Senior Pictures. Finishing my SMASH book. OAP contest. Aquatic Science field trip.

This life is made of so many things, and each year passes by faster and faster. I want to make the most of it.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!