March 27, 2013

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

I just finished reading the book The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith last night. It was a great book with a really cute story. TSPOLAFS, gosh that is a whopper of an initialism (not an acronym, because you can't pronounce it as a word), follows the 48 hour story of these two teenagers who meet in an airport and end up on the same flight to London. The girl is on her way to her father's wedding to her new stepmother and the boy is on his way to... Well, another event that is similar but not the same. And they're so perfect for eachother and end up talking about everything under the sun and basically falling in love within the first few hours of them meeting. I would give this book basically a 9 out of 10 because it ends in a cliff hanger, and I want to know if they end up becoming boyfriend/girlfriend or if they ever see eachother again. I thought it was going to be terrible because the beginning is kind of slow, but it turned out to be a great read, and unique because the story happened in such a short amount of time.

The librarian is not at school today, which bothers me because I don't have a book to read since I finished TSPOLAFS. I don't know what I'll do all day to occupy my time, especially since I don't have drama practice today. I guess I'll study and work on scholarship applications. Maybe when I get home I'll work on a video. I have a couple ready to edit, I just have to sit down and work on them.

I wonder what the SPOLAFS really is. I mean, obviously the probability is very small. I guess 1 in 1000000000 or so. I wish you could actually look that up, because I tried and I still didn't find it. Probably because it is impossible to study.

I really don't know what to talk about today. I'm not really in a talkative mood. More of a thinkative mood.

I'm going to try and start an exercise routine soon. I'm kind of scared, because I'm not very athletic at all, but I really do want to get back into shape. We have a really long driveway, so I'll be using that to run and bike and walk and stuff. We also have a weight lifting set thing. I forgot what its called. It is not wieght stuff exactly, but more like resistance training. GAH, why can't I remember what that is called?!?! I've thought about eating healthier, but I really don't like to do things like that, and it requires too much willpower, so I will not. I figure some exercise is better than none at all.

Prom is the real reason that I am going to start exercising again. I need to make sure that I still fit into my prom dress. I need to lose that winter insulation. I am by no means fat, but I do feel slightly unhealthy, though I am probably underweight for my age/size. I think if I can start now and get used to exercising, maybe the dreaded "Freshman 15" will skip over me. I also know that it will be better for my future and I will have fewer health problems when I am older. I think its wierd how exercise plans always say "Consult your physician before beginning any new exercise regimen or diet", but no one ever does, unless the doctor is the one who tells them to do it. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I just think exercise needs to be a spontaneous thing, where you decide maybe a week or two before, not consult your doctor before you start it. Doctors don't know me. They don't know about what I need to do. *Insert attitude here*

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!