January 29, 2013

Broken

The time when we are closest to God is when we are broken.
When we have give up all other hope
Exhausted all resources
Lost our way
When the world has broken our hearts
Taken away what we love
Left us with nothing but scars
Piled too much on our shoulders
We are closest to God in those moments when
There
Is
Nothing
Left.
We cry out to him
"Lord, save me!"
We recognize that these hurts

These trials
This flesh
Is only temporary
Can be healed
By none other than God.
He takes the mess that is our lives
The broken pieces of our hearts
And mends them
Heals them
Saves them.
When life has just been going on too long
And we feel like we just can't make it any further
He carries us
Until we can walk.

Today is a very sad day. Today there is a funeral for a person that God has taken to live in his kindgom, even though it seems to early through the eyes of man. A two month old child has gone to live with her father in heaven, while her earthly parents are left to grieve and their friends attempt to console them at the funeral.

Many people that I know have gone through similar things. It is hard to lose a child no matter what age they are. It always seems too early. But the important thing to think about is that you will get to see them again someday. And when the days feel like they weigh you down too much, the best thing is just to cry out to Jesus, the healer and comforter.

I know that the couple will have a hard time. I have not lost a child, but I lost my uncle when I was a child. Very few days go by without the thought that he is up in heaven, watching over me, but he seems so far away. I know that the pain is real and no one will ever seem to know exactly how it feels. But God knows. And he can help you through.

Crystal and Dylan, I know that God has great plans for you and that everything happens for a reason. I know that the pain is great now, and that it always will be. But life can't be lived only for the past. Ecclesiastes 3:4 states, there is a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance. I know that it may seem hopeless right now, but I guarantee that there is a bright future for you two. Though the sorrows may last for the night, the joy comes with the morning. I hope that you two keep going and rely on the Lord to help you through.

As to anyone else who might be going through something similar, I give you the same advice and push you to keep going, no matter how hard it gets. When you find yourself face down on the floor cryiing out, the Lord will be there to pick you up and hold you until the storm passes, or at least slows to a drizzle.

Anyone else, I encourage you to keep these people in your prayers and I will post something more joyful tomorrow. Have a beautiful day, and DFTBA.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!