October 2, 2014

Butterflyin' Mosquitos

I was totally going to sit outside and work on stuff today. Sadly, there is a ridiculous amount of mosquitos outside at the campus. Like, I sat down and I was already being attacked. I swatted away a small swarm, then looked down to find one sucking the blood from my hand. Freaking Texas. Butterflyin' mosquitos (see: Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover).

I have to get at least half way done with my study questions for government today. I worked on it some yesterday, but not enough. I need to have it ready to turn in by Monday morning and I won't get much chance to work on it this weekend.

Saturday, I'll be up at the school (the local school, not the college) from about 8 to 5. They're having this thing (its a yearly event) called "Tarkington Round Up". Its mainly to raise money for the Tarkington Student Foundation, I think, which gives money and stuff to seniors at the end of the year when they graduate. But this is a vendor event and like 50% of Tarkington will be there. There's games and stuff for the kids. Normally a bounce house and face painting. And businesses pay $20 to set up booths advertising or selling their product. So, I"m doing a booth for Jamberry and Lizzie's Luxuries. I've basically got a monopoly for Jamberry right now. I mean, there is the one recruit that I have, but that's it. And this should be a great opportunity to book parties.

I'm also taking orders for Jamberry gift jars. Its a glass jar with either a half or full sheet of nails, nail clippers, cuticle pusher, alcohol wipe, scissors, orange sticks, a file, and a buffer. And I'll fill the bottom with candy. A jar with a full sheet or gift code is $22 and a jar with a half sheet is $15. Pretty good gift idea, I think. It has everything that you need to get started with a Jamberry manicure. And, of course, they'll be pretty and have a business card of mine in them and application instructions. I'm excited. I need to get an order form made up today and a couple of example jars. I need to buy cuticle pushers and nail clippers and stuff in bulk online, which is why its just orders right now. But it should go well. And I'll be taking normal orders from the catalog also.

Well, if I'm going to get anything done before I get started on my government homework, I should probably get to it.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!