February 4, 2013

Unexpected Awesomeness

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were filled with unexpected awesomeness for me. Friday, I got a date for prom (WHOOO!) and throughout the weekend scheduled a date on Saturday the 9th. Saturday I got to go see The Hobbit in theatres, and it was rather amazing. I love the wizard who lives in the woods. He is so adorable and eccentric. Then, I also got to go to Barnes and Noble and I bought two amazing books, LOOKING FOR ALASKA and THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by JOHN stinkin' GREEN! I am currently in the middle of a Stephen King novel, Dreamcatcher, but I have the mental capability to read more than one book at a time, so I am reading Looking For Alaska at the same time. AAAAAAAAAH! Then, on Sunday I got to make a music video, which I am currently in the process of editing, and spend the day texting my dearest. I like that word. Dearest. I should use it more often. I feel like if this was a Vlogbrothers video, one of them would be screaming excitedly at the screen right now, because that is what I feel like doing. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Also, during one act rehearsal on Friday, we got assigned parts, and I get to play, like THE main character. I'm almost kind of scared about this, but I really would have played whatever character, as long as I got a part.

I started reading Looking For Alaska last period and I realized that one of the best things about John Green's books is that they are so awesomely relatable and quotable. My favourite quote so far is "You may be smart, but I've been smart longer". That may be paraphrasing. I'm not sure, but I am way too lazy to get up, walk across the room, and get the book to check.

I also spent quite some time watching John and Hank's videos and surfing the DFTBA website. They have some really cool stuff, and I think the next rubber bracelet that I buy will be one that says DFTBA (I collect rubber bracelets with words on them, just check in my videos if you want to know what I mean). I have also been repeatedly told here recently that my glasses are rather hipster-ish, which is something that I am not sure if I like or dislike. I'm unopinionated about it at the moment.

I totally had something that I wanted to talk about but now its gone...

Oh, yeah, my camera decided to come back to life, at least for now. I just went over and tried to turn it on (it had been sitting collecting dust for more than a month) and it worked. I used it to make the music video on sunday. I still want a new camera though. I think I'll leave this one to James (maybe) when I go to college so that he can have a nice camera to vlog with. I don't want him using a crappy webcam, because that would really annoy me. Plus, it would give him versatility and mobility when filming.

I just realized that I haven't posted a video that used my car camera stand yet. I will have to do this in the near future. Come to think of it, I haven't used it since Christmas break. I guess I could do my next vlog in the car. It might be kind of odd if we aren't going anywhere special, so I will have to figure out an interesting destination to be headed toward when I use the stand.

If you have any ideas, leave them in the comments below, I will see you on Tuesday.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!