February 18, 2013

Writing a New Story

I have started a new page, with a link near the top, called "Stories and Poems". Basically, I started this on like, Friday, so that all of my posted stories could have a seperate page and be more easy to find. It also gives me motivation to put more stories up here.

Last night, I was looking for some of the stories that I had written a while back, and I could not find any of them. I figure they're probably in boxes, but that means that I'll have to search for them tonight. So, I had this bright idea that I would write a new story. I have a blank spiral notebook and its opened to a fresh, crisp, new blank page. However, I have no idea what to write.

I think reading John Green's novels and watching Vlogbrothers videos has really influenced me to want to write more. I also think that it would be cool to be a published author before I am in college. Can you imagine paying for college with the money from a book that I have written? That would be AWESOME! So, I need a prompt or something to help me start a story. I do NOT do nonfiction or historical fiction. I hate reading it, and I hate writing it.

I used to have a subscription to a magazine called Writer's Digest. It was really cool because it gave tips on writing and getting published and writers block and things like that. I kinda wish I had thought to keep some of the copies or something. Maybe I'll subrscibe to it again sometime. It was a great resource.

I checked on their website and they have some cool stuff there. I just really wish I could think of something to write about. I know that this is a kind of writing, but I make up the topic and it is just me telling about my life. Its not that I don't like it, its just that this is not going to get me any money to pay for college (except on the off-chance that when I turn 18 I start using Google Adsense).

I'm going to go look at the Writer's Digest website some more, so have fun! Oh, and don't forget to go check out the music video that I posted on Youtube yesterday.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!