February 1, 2013

Almost Like Observation...

So, I am permanently in the library for this period. Right now, I am enjoying the odd experience of watching a librarian teach a spanish class. She does have the degree for it, but I've never seen her teach before. She is using some pretty interesting teaching techniques, and lots of interaction. Sitting and watching without her knowing is almost like the observation that you must do in order to become a teacher. The again, I'm not taking notes or paying a ton of attention. And I am not interacting with her or the class at all.

Yesterday I went to Walmart, something I only do about once or twice a month. There was so much Valentine's Day stuff, it was crazy. And I have to admit that I was slightly envious of the giant stuffed bears that people at school would be getting on the 14th. I mean, I have never seen so many stuffed bears that were nearly as big as I am. I think it would be cool to someday get a stuffed bear or a box of chocolates from someone. I haven't really gotten anything like that except in little insignificant cards in elementary school and from my parents and grandparents.

Yesterday I sat down and went through old pictures and picked out ones for my senior page. I narrowed it down to about 15 pictures. I feel like a lot of my childhood was missed though, because there is a gap from the age of 7 to the age of 12. And there are quite a few high school pictures. A bunch of pictures had to be removed from the stack just because they were too dark or too blurry. And I bearly have any pictures of me as a baby. I have the ones from my birth and a few when I was a couple months old, then it skips to when I was two or three.

My mom printed some of the pictures out from our family computer, and I got to take the ones that were not chosen for senior page to use in my SMASH book. I am really excited, because now I have more than one picture in it.One page that I worked on this morning is basically a collage of me in pictures that I was dressed up for. The pages are purple and pink, and it says "You look nice today" in the middle of one of the two pages. Then I put one picture of me as a baby, in a blue dress, one picture of me in like eighth grade at my cousin's wedding, and one picture from last year when I went to prom. I felt that it went with the "you look nice" text very well. Then I took and put squiggles and curlies around the pictures. I still have like two more pictures to pu tdown and decorate. And, I have to say, the half glue stick/half pen thing that came with the SMASH book is really useful for on-the-go SMASH-ing.

I got to have coffee this morning, so my brain is running like a billion miles an hour compared to yesterday. I am typing really fast also, hence the large paragraphs. It is hard to believe that it is already February. Only a little more than 100 days until graduation. Like 120, I think. I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave Tarkington High School or not. I think I'm ready to leave everything but the friends. I'll have facebook and youtube to keep in touch with them though, so it won't be that bad.

I have sent transcripts and SAT scores to both of the universities that I plan on attending, so I should get my acceptance letters sometime soon. Tomorrow I plan on calling the SHSU people and trying to get a way to check my application status online. They were supposed to have sent me an e-mail with the log-in info in it, but I never got the e-mail and the person that I tried to contact to remedy the problem won't call me back.

I am really looking foreward to college and stuff. My mom and Grandma say that if I don't get accepted, I can still just go to junior college for a year, but I really don't want to go to junior college. That would mean driving to school every day. And I would have to see people I know. And I would still have to deal with my family all the time, instead of escaping them for a month at a time by living in a dorm. And my brother did agree to the vlog communication thing, I just have to make sure that he doesn't forget. I also want it to be summer so that I can dye my hair red and wear shorts all the time and work on video stuff. And actually have free time.

I'm gonna go check for new lifescouts badges. DFTBA!

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!