February 12, 2013

Can't Stop Reading!

I started reading "The Fault In Our Stars" yesterday and I am more than half way through the book. Literally cannot stop reading it. I managed to put it down while I type this, but I'm still thinking about the story.

There are many things that I hate and many things that I love about John Green's books. I love the fact that the characters seem so real and that they are so relatable. I love that the plot is very unpredictable and totally different than what you would expect. However, I hate the fact that half way through he tries to kill of the main character. It makes for a good story, but it drives me crazy. It also bothers me that he puts many things in the form of ABC/123 lists when he writes. Sometimes is okay, but he seems almost obsessed. I love that he is such  a quotable author.

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once."

His use of language and plot elements just makes for a delicious novel. However, I  have no clue what I will do with my life once I finish reading TFIOS and the books that he has co-written.

Yesterday I told my drama teacher that I would not be able to come to One act play practice on one day during spring break. I knew she would be unhappy, but she really overreacted. I have only missed one other day, so she can just kiss it. It being my foot. Although that seems a lot more insulting and a lot less creepy when said aloud.

I have not had coffee in the mornings for several days. I actually did some mild working out yesterday. Hopefully I can keep it up and maybe increase it so that I can be sure to fit in my prom dress a little better. Meh. I hate exercise.

I really don't know what to talk about. I just want to go back to reading TFIOS.

I have to do an FRQ next period in Economics. Free Response Question. I really hate AP classes and exams. My senior year will be over in just a little more than a six weeks as far as grades go, but I still have to take the AP exams and finish my dual credit class. BLECH.

I will see you tomorrow.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished TFIOS during 4th period. I now no longer know what to do with the rest of my life. I guess I have to go buy the books that John Green co-wrote now, so that I can read them. Is it possible to be addicted to books? I think I may have a problem.

TFIOS was really a great book. The ending was sad, but realistic... Mostly. I know the characters are not real, but I can't help feeling sorry for them.

I finished the book in two days. Actually less.

Well, I have nothing else to do but class is almost over, so bye.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!