February 28, 2014

Donuts, Chai Tea, and 1520 Words

Actually, I've been reporting my word counts for the day before. I haven't typed anything today yet, but I got 1520 WORDS YESTERDAY!!!!!!! That's like almost nanowrimo level. This morning, my dad had to go to the store before school (he said walmart is actually not very crowded at 6 in the morning) and he brought home glazed donuts, so I got to have one of them for breakfast. And I decided to repeat a drink recipe that I've done exactly two times before, which is the homemade vanilla chai tea latte. Its Vanilla Chai Tea with milk and sugar. I like it, but its not as good as coffee. Either way, I barely have any coffee left, so its kinda necessary.

I really like this new writing program that I got. It allows you to skip around and label things and come back to them later. If you're just used to using a normal word processor like I was, it takes a bit to get used to how it set up, but once you get the hang of it, its great. Its called yWriter5, and I am so glad that I found it and started using it. I can't imagine why I would go back to writing with just pen and paper. I am putting quite a lot of faith in my computer though, so I might make a duplicate copy on a thumb drive. NUMBER 1 RULE WITH THIS PROGRAM: create a specific file to store all of the files for a story in, then create a new file each time you start a new story. I learned that one the hard way and ended up having to rearrange my files a bit to fix this.

My whole word count is up to 2978, and I've only been working on it for three days. I plan to shoot for 2000 words today, but I do have some homework to do and a dog mess to clean up (yep, Puddin' is still sick). I think first, I'm going to make a playlist of songs I really like to play while I'm writing and working. I like playlists. Like, right now there are a ton of songs that I like, but so far this morning I've been loving "Piano" by Ariana Grande and "Merry Happy" by Kate Nash.

Oh, and I added a new product the other day. I'm  not sure if I told anyone here about it, so here's a link to the store. With writing and stuff and lack of a pattern, I haven't been crocheting much lately, but I'm sure that I'll be back at it by Monday. http://lizardbreath.storenvy.com

I'm also thinking of doing a cover of "Can't Hold Us" with my brothers. With a music video and everything. We might try and do that at the end of spring break. I've been working on getting the lyrics down and I'm almost there. I'm even getting better at the rapping.

Oh, and this time next week I'll be in Florida. DISNEY BABY! I'm super excited and I'm pretty sure that I will be blogging and vlogging most everything. I never want to forget my first trip to Disney.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!