February 7, 2014

Harry Potter and Audiobooks

Something that not many people know about me is that I get carsick kind of easily. It used to be really bad when I was younger, and I would puke because I got too hot or we were on winding roads or I was reading or playing video games or anything. I'm grown out of it a bit, but I still have problems on long trips.

Something everyone knows about me is that I love to read, I always have. I came home from my first day of kindergarten upset because I wanted to learn how to read already (I've always been impatient too!). I started reading chapter books as soon as my teachers would allow and I consumed them like crazy. I was one of the few people that the librarian in middle school, who was mean to everyone, liked because I was in there almost every other day checking out a new book. And these were huge novels. I have a kindle (finally) and I have three shelves overflowing with books. And my youngest brother loves reading too. He's only in second grade and he's reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid already!

I love that I finally have someone in my family that shares the same love of reading that I do. My mom and dad like reading, but not as much as I do. And my other brother (the middle child) isn't that into reading because its difficult to find books that he likes. I have recommended tons of books to him, but he hasn't read any of them. I'm not into picking favourites, but I love my youngest brother quite a lot, and his love of reading and nerdiness is part of it.

Anyway, I love audiobooks for this reason. I can't really read books on road trips, even though I would love to, and it bothers me. I would really love to get my brother into harry potter. My mom says he's too young, but I don't know if I can wait. I mean, would it be so wrong to show him the movies at least? And maybe start reading the books to him? I'll reassure him that he can't go jumping off of tables with a broom thinking he can fly and that wizard magic" isn't real (*sob*).

Starting today, I am going to be re-reading the harry potter series. Currently, I only have books 1, 5, and 7, so I will have to buy some of them, but I want to read them all before spring break. During spring break, our family is going to Disney in Florida, and (i think) one of the places we are going to visit is Universal Studios, which is where the Harry Potter rides and shops are. I want to go to Olivander's wand shop sooooooooooooo badly.

I also plan on making a playlist on a cd for the road trip there and back, and getting some audiobooks to listen to on the trip. I really want to get harry potter because I know that will be entertaining to everyone. I'm not sure what else my parents will enjoy as well as being appropriate for my youngest brother. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments, because I'm rather desperate.

I also implemented the alarm system on my phone and I've been following the schedule and being productive for most of the day. WHOOO! Lets keep it up! Now off to listen to an audiobook of the reading for English class (it helps me focus better, plus I can multitask) and do some homework and chores.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!