February 6, 2014

African Flowers and Schedule Issues

I finally figured out how to crochet African Flowers today, so I spent a lot of today making them. They look like the ones on this bag. I hope to make mine into a bag that looks similar. Mine is pink and white and purple.


I also started watching Lost today on netflix. Its okay. It reminds me of Lord of the Flies, a book I had to read in middle school and I really enjoyed. You should read it if you haven't because its great.

I have a scheduling problem. One that only I can fix. I think about my day the night before it happens. And I plan out all of the stuff that I need to do so that I get an idea of what I'm going to do the next day. I'm always more optimistic the night before, because I rarely follow that plan. I thought about planning out an actual schedule or setting alarms on my phone. I might do the alarm thing, but I still am not sure if it will work.

I've become rather lazy and reluctant to do things. I hate it so much, but I don't feel like doing the things that I need to do, almost in a depression-like way, and that is exactly what I need to avoid. I can understand some of the things that prevent me from being productive. I often wake up really tired and I can't get motivation. And some days, like today, I feel sick. I spent most of this morning trying not to puke.

And some tasks just seem like they are too daunting to tackle. Like the dishes that need to be washed (we don't have a dishwasher) and the clothes that need to be folded. I also need to work on my homework so that I can get ahead. And I should be making more crochet stuff and putting it up in the store. And my website needs to be updated. And filling out scholarship applications is a good thing that I should be doing too. And I need to see about getting my manuscript ready so that when we get more ink in the printer I can print it out and send it to a publisher for consideration. And working on writing my novel. But that little voice in my head that normally makes me motivated and helps me do all of these things is apparently on holiday. And no one I know can help either. AAAAAAAH!

I'll start off with the alarms on my phone first. And I'll see about updating my website today and working on my homework a bit. Do you have any tips for not getting overwhelmed and convincing yourself to do things? Because I'm up for trying anything.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!