October 2, 2013

Sick

Ugh. I know for sure that I am sick. My throat feels icky and swollen like it did yesterday. I feel really tired. I have a headache that won't go away, even though I've taken things for it. Oh, and I'm freezing cold, even though I'm wearing a sweater and the temp is 75 inside the house. And Puddin' isn't making it any better. She wants to do nothing but bite me or whine that I'm not giving her enough attention. Ugh.

I really just want to crawl back into bed, but I have chores and homework to do and a dog to watch. Thats the thing about being a college kid, you have to take care of yourself when you get sick.

This morning, I got stung by some weird bug. I was about to get in the shower. We have this fuzzy mat right outside the door of our shower, and you have to step on it to get into the shower. And when I stepped on it, I apparently stepped on a bug, who then decided to sting my foot. At first I thought that I had just stepped on a thorn or something, because it felt like something stuck into my foot. Then, it started itching and hurting at the same time. When I picked up my foot, there was this little bug that looked like a carpenter ant (really big ants that don't sting/bite) but it had wings. Needless to say, I killed it asap. The bite didn't hurt for more than 30 minutes or so, and there has been no other reaction, so I think I'm fine. But I really am curious as to what the bug was.

I'm probably being really boring right now. I'm sorry. My head hurts and I'm tired, so its kinda hard to think straight.

I started crocheting something else. Black wrist warmers. Kinda like fingerless gloves. Or fingerless mittens, I guess. I'm about 1/4 the way done with the first one. Its a lot simpler than the hat. I am going to need some more yarn soon though. After I finish this project, I won't have much left at all. And most projects require a whole skein of yarn.

I think my crocheting is a good thing. It makes my mom happy to see me make things that can be worn or sold for profit. I think I'll keep doing it, even if its only for that reason. It also lets me keep busy when I am bored. I actually finished the last half of my hat at last Friday night's football game. I feel like I might get a large amount of yarn for Christmas though.

I think that my mom wants me to make her a scarf. I might make it as a present. She keeps saying "you need to make a scarf". She really likes scarves.

Okay, I am going to go get something done while I'm still awake.



-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!