October 11, 2013

Homecoming

I apologize for the late post today. I am actually blogging from my phone at the homecoming football game for the school that I gradutated from. It's the third quarter, and we're losing by 6 points. We never really have a good football team.

I've discovered something. When I'm out in public, particularly in a crowded space, I get paranoid. Like, mainly with my phone. I keep thinking "oh, no. What if I'm scrolling down my facebook feed or tumble dash and something inappropriate pops up and the people around me see it and judge me." It's not likely to ever happen, because those kind of things very rarely appear on my fb and tumblr, but it still crosses my mind every time I get bored and pull out my phone.

I really hoped that I might see people that I consider my friends (not just acquaintances) at homecoming, but it doesn't look like its going to happen. I only have a handful of friends, and most of them wouldn't spend their time at a football game if they could be doing something else. I'm also very introverted and slightly antisocial, as I have stated before, and talking to people that I am even mildly acquainted with is difficult and kind of scary to me.

I actually managed to film the first, real "Follow Me Friday" vlog. I plan on trying to edit it tomorrow. I may not get it up until Monday though. I have a lot of footage to sort through and edit. I really hope that its kind of interesting or entertaining or something. It would be nice to know that I am doing this for a reason besides to have an excuse to carry a camera around. Btw, people look at you strangely when you start vlogging and talking to a camera in public. And most likely, your mother will poke fun a little bit because you are such an odd person. But, such is life.

Homecoming is strange when you're not in school. You go to a peprally and a football game and that's it. There is no incentive to be excited. You hope that you see people you know, but its not likely. It's just like a normal Friday night game. But more crowded and smelly.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!