May 9, 2013

Its a Beautiful Day

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Won't you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Ah, Mister Roger's Neighborhood. Good times. Or, I could spin it the other way...

Its a beautiful day outside
Everything is okay and alright
Your smile is a vast contrast from the things we said last night.
(Oh, last night)

Gosh, I love HeyHiHello. Its like the Relient K of the secular music world, even though Relient K is kind of secular. Even though I just keep quoting songs, its because they illustrate how I feel today.

Yesterday ended rather pleasantly. I got home and found several things waiting for me. A) news that I have won two scholarships (FINALLY!) and B) my graduation invitations, which I ordered monday night, had arrived. I also took my final exam for sociology last night, and I made a 77, which means that I am making a B+ for the class for the semster, which means I get both college and highschool credit! Needless to say, I was rather happy. I also ended up cleaning out my room-ish area in the corner of our living room and organizing it so that I felt rather refreshed at the change.

Then, this morning my mom and I discussed the graduation gift that I would be getting from my grandparents (on my mom's side), which is a new camera. I've had the same camera throughout highschool, and I would really like a new one since I will be working on more professional things. I'm looking at a Nikon DSLR camera that is like 24 megapixels (if I remember correctly) and takes HD video. Plus, you can change the lenses, which means that I can find a WIDE ANGLE LENSE that will allow me to take up the whole box on my youtube videos. Whoo! I hope to be getting that within the next month or so, it just depends on how it all works out.

Then, when I got to school this morning, we went to the library and filmed two commercials for the telenovela. I think we have them done now. We have two more commercials and four scenes to film, but I can at least begin editing stuff now. I'm the director, editor, and sometimes the camera person. One of the commercials is a green screen car commercials, so we'll see how that works out.

Overall, I'm just really happy and today has been a really good day. I just hope that it doesn't start going downhill.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!