May 8, 2013

Exam Day

Today, I have my sociology exam for my dual credit class. All of the other tests in the class have been on weekends, and they have been available for two or three days. However, this final exam is only available to be taken today from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. This means that I have to take it as soon as I get home. Its worth 200 points, and I need at least 100, so I plan to take my time on it. It covers every chapter in the textbook, pretty much, so I plan to go through the book during the school day and mark important things.

I began writing the second chapter of the story this morning. I think its going pretty well. I really like how its turning out. I've been thinking. Maybe, if I can finish the story this summer, I can send it to a publishing company during the school year or whatever you have to do to get a book edited and published. Then, they can start selling it in january or so of 2014 and I can have some money to pay for college with by the next school year. I just hope I can write it fast enough. That way, even if I can't go to SHSU this year, I can go to it the next year. Of course, I have no clue how much it takes to get a book published, nor how much you generally make from a published book. I'll have to reasearch that. I do think it would be cool to be paying for college with money from something that I made, though.

The concept of the book is similar to The Hunger Games, The Giver Series, 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and things like that. I don't want to give too much away, but I do think it will be a great read. Its kind of funny, because the book came from an idea that popped up during a random conversation when we went as a OAP group to eat at denny's at midnight. I hope to get somewhere with it, and I will definately be crediting people who helped me with it and have given comments on the rough draft.

I guess I should go work on marking things in my textbook, even though I really don't want to.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!