January 6, 2014

Cold Weather!

Today is my first day at home alone since school ended last semester. I'm glad to be back to my normal routine. I signed up for online classes yesterday. I'm only taking three and one of them is kinda useless toward my degree (a basic music class). I wanted to take four but couldn't find a fourth one to take since I'm still doing stuff online (CURSE YOU DRIVERS ED!).

This morning, I woke up to really cold weather. Like, frozen pipes cold. That means that not only do I have to keep the heater on and wear a sweater all the time, but I also dread going outside and I don't have any water. Boo.

I went to make a vlog this morning and before I knew it, a five minute vlog had turned into a vlog and four covers. I have to edit them all now, which kinda sucks. But, I got new editing software for Christmas, so its nice to have that to work with.

Also, in the upcoming videos you will get to see my new crochet hat that I made. Its pink and grey and I absolutely adore it. I've worn it every day since I made it. It is nice and warm, but not too warm. I'm going to try and make one like it that looks like a cupcake. We'll see how that turns out.

I'm about to make a purchase through Amazon Smile for the first time (smile.amazon.com) and I'm kinda happy about it. Yes, I get to buy the kindle case that I need, but I also am donating a small amount of money to charity. I haven't decided which charity yet, but I'm pretty sure that it will be a kids hospital or something.

Also, I haven't told you about my book progress. I decided that every day starting January first I would write at least a paragraph on my novel. I missed yesterday, but I actually did two days earlier on that kinda make up for it. Since I tend to write more than a paragraph, this means that I made pretty good progress in a week's time. I went from having two chapters to 3.1 chapters. I'm excited. My plan is to at least have the first draft finished by the end of the year. But with the way it is going, I may have the first draft done before summer, which would be awesome, so I could type up and edit the second draft and then maybe see about a publisher or an agent, depending on which would be better.

-EW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!