January 11, 2014

Saturday Blogging

You probably know already that I don't really blog much on weekends. I generally have other things to do. But today I really don't have anything to do except maybe order some of my textbooks and crochet a hat and wash dishes.

I spent part of the morning on pinterest, and I spent quite a lot of time looking at the geek pins. One of the subjects that kept showing up was Tom Hiddleston, the gorgeous and lovely man who plays Loki in the Avengers and Thor movies. The more I see stuff about him, the more I become convinced that he is a real life Disney Prince.

I also like that he enjoys the role that he plays in the movies to the point that he pretends to be Loki in public. I think it's good for actors to enjoy their roles, otherwise you get terrible acting and/or terrible publicity (cough, Robert Pattinson, cough). And he's nice to fans and just generally a happy human being, which is difficult to find in places like Hollywood.

I think the character that I most enjoyed playing in theatre was probably Tillie from The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds, or, as it became known to us, TEOGROMITMM. It was a part that I put all of my skill into and that made it fun. And the cast made it fun also because we would laugh with each other when we goofed up and make fun of the lines together. Gah, that was a fun play.

I think that is what I hope for the most in future acting and directing jobs is that the cast works together and laughs together instead of being business all the time. You have to have some fun with it behind the scenes or its not fun at all. Yes, you do have to practice and get work done, but sometimes you have to take five minutes during rehearsal of a really serious scene and laugh it up with the cast because they messed up their line and it became an innuendo.

-EW


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!