November 29, 2012

Frustrations! But Christmas parties are coming!

So, as far as scholarships go right now, I am not a winner. I have applied to at least 100 scholarships online, and I have not gotten word back from any of them. I check their websites and I am not listed in the winners for thost that have posted results. I'm not the only one to have this problem either, all of my friends say the same thing has happened to them. I had someone tell me that institutional and essay scholarships are your best bet for winning, so I guess I should start applying for more of those. I just hate when you have to print things out and mail them off.

I really want to get some scholarships so that I can go to the uniersity that I want to go to. My parents don't have enough money to send me there and pay for everything I need.

I am also very frustrated with the website of the school I applied to and plan on going to. There is a way to log on and find out if your application has been processed and accepted yet. I haven't gotten an acceptance letter in the mail yet, but I check every day. I should be accepted, since I am ranked fourth in my class. But I cannot log on to the website because I cannot remember my username! Ugh!

I am happy and excited, however, for next weekend. On Friday, I have a get-together to go to with the girls from my church. Its with our sunday school leader from a while back. We're gonna have food and cookie decorating and a bunch of fun stuff and fellowship. Then, on saturday, there is a cookie exchange at my friend's house which I hope to get to go to. I've never been to a cookie exchange, but it should be fun. Then, on the last day of school (the 21st of December) my spanish class is having a gift exchange. We did a secret santa thing this year. It should all be really fun and Christmas-y.

Something that really bothers me about Christmas time is people who say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas. Oh, I can't offend anyone if I say Happy Holidays. Who cares if you offend anyone!? Do you really think it would hurt people's feelings if you told them happy birthday when it wasn't their birthday? And if it really offends them that much that you told them indirectly that you are a Christian  and believe in celebrating Christian holidays, then tell them," PUT YO BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND DEAL WITH IT!" People are soooooooooo afraid to step on anyone's toes. I think that sometimes toes need to be stepped on, especially when they were purposely put underneath the foot!

Filth.
Garbage.
Lies.

Christ died on the cross and roes from the dead three days later all to pay for your sins, buddy. If you think that he wouldn't want you to celebrate his birthday just because some Bhuddist thought differently, you're wrong. Merry CHRISTmas, and to all a good night.

Question of the day:

Do you get offended when people say Merry Christmas, or when they say Happy Holidays?

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!