November 19, 2012

College and YouTube and Stuff!

I feel like I must explain my rather awesome weekend to you all. Let us start with friday...

Friday I did not have to go to school  because our volleyball girls went to state! Thank you volleyball girlies, for letting me have a free day on Friday. I basically did nothing all day. However, this Friday was the start of the NGEN radio show, Phenomenon, with SOUL GLOW ACTIVATOR! So, at about 7:00 I got on my dad's laptop and used the webcam to make several cover videos using my brother's ukulele. I made three, but I only got to upload two because every time I tried to upload a video, it would mess up the netflix show my parents were trying to watch, and they would get mad. So, after uploading two videos, I got ready for bed, and at 10:00, I turned on the NGEN radio app on my phone and listened to Phenomenon for like 15 minutes. The first thing I noticed was that the DJ-ing was really good. I wish that whoever it was, SGA or somebody at NGEN, would be our DJ at prom this year, because our school always gets crappy DJs, no offense to anyone. The other thing was that all of the music made me want to get up and dance, and, unlike the music at prom, I was not ashamed at any of the lyrics. I will definately listen again next friday night, and you should too.

Saturday, I woke up at about 5:40, got dressed, and was out of the house by 6:20. My mom and I stopped at McDonalds and got breakfast, then headed to Huntsville. Thats right, Saturdays at Sam baby! We got to walk around the SHSU campus for a really long time. I am pretty convinced that I will be going to college there. They have an amazing teaching program, so I can get my teaching degree, but they also have film and theatre programs. Because of Dual Credit, I won't have to take freshman English either. I got 4 SHSU t-shirts (Thankfully, I look good in orange). Then my mother and I ate at a place called Culvers. They have amazing frozen custard, but their burgers aren't as good as everyone says they are. They're really greasy and expensive. After that, we went to Walmart and did some Christmas shopping.

On Sunday, I went to church and then went out to eat mexican food. When I got home, I checked the viewcount on the two videos I had posted on Friday night. One of them had 13 views, not that unusual, but the other had 49 views! I know that that really isn't a big deal for most YouTubers, but it is for me. In like 48 hours, I had gotten fifty views! Normally it would take at least two months to get that many views. I am so thankful for the people who watched or shared or whatever. I also have a few more subscribers. I feel like I am finally getting a chance to move up in the world.

Today is the first day of a two day school week. The second day is only a "half day", which means that we get out at 1:10, but that really makes it more of a 3/4 day, I'm pretty sure. I plan to make quite a few more cover videos over Thanksgiving break. And don't worry about the blog, I'll post here too! I just didn't post this weekend because, obviously, I had a ton of things going on. After Thanksgiving, be ready for Christmas music. I plan on posting Christmas covers with James starting this weekend.

I think I will post the following covers this week, if all goes as planned...
Must Have Done Something Right - Relient K
Mamacita - FF5
Wobble - FF5
Say It - Britt Nicole
Daddy's Baby Girl - Jimmy Needham
Beauty Will Rise - Steven Curtis Chapman
Love Song For A Savior - Jars Of Clay

Just so you know, I sing many of these songs not because of the meaning, but because I like the sound of the song and it is close to being within my vocal range. Of course, this list is subject to change at any second, but it gives you something to look foreward to.

Also, I have learned that I am better at actual blogging than Vlogging. This makes me sad since I love Meekakitty's videos so much. I do plan on dying my hair red/orange this summer. Partially because I have always wanted to have strangely colored hair, partially because I love Tessa's hair. I want to use temporary dye, like the 40 day stuff, so that I will still be able to donate my hair again at a later date. I also feel like it will be showing school spirit...

Questions of the day:
What is your favorite Christmas song? What is your favorite all the time song? Did you watch my cover of "You Got It" by FF5?

Well, goodbye for este momenta.

That is totally not correct spanish.

I fail.



Hasta luego!

Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!