November 15, 2012

Feeling Terrible...

So, today, I feel terrible. I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I nearly fell down and I got really dizzy when I was trying to get dressed. My throat feels swollen and I feel like I could simply lay down and go back to sleep right now. However, I am at school anyway.

My first period teacher sent me to the nurse. I did not want to call my mom or dad to pick me up because then they would have to miss work. I didn't have a fever. I just rested in the nurse's office for a few minutes and then went back to class. Then, in second period, I almost fell asleep three times during the lecture. I would rest right now, during my dual credit class, but I find it almost impossible to do so when the teacher is watching your every move and there is literally no place to lay down.

I don't feel like I have the brain capacity to do work, and my head hurts really badly.

I have gotten some things done today. I got my form turned in to the counselor so that I can take dual credit sociology next semester. I also got my report card. I got all A's and all of my grades improved, except for my grade in theatre (lets just say that I wasn't ready for the last lines test). I also started the registration for the Burger King Scholars Foundation, but I have to check the confirmation email in order to go any further. And, of course, I can't get to my email from the school computers, so it must wait until I get home.

I have officially applied to two colleges, and I am working on the application for a third. I'm so excited and nervous. I want to get my acceptance letters so that I can show them off. Personally, I am pretty confident that I will be accepted. Its not like I'm applying to ivy-league schools or anything. I have a college campus tour day coming up on saturday. I hope I feel better by then.

I'm trying so hard to think of something interesting to blog about today, but there is literally nothing there. In my brain. I am so bored. I am a boring person today...

I have this idea for a lesson for the next time I teach in FCA. I want to be able to bring my Ukulele and play it as part of the lesson. One song that I really love to play on the Ukulele is the song "Superhero" by Family Force 5. It talks about just wanting God to come and save you from everything that has gone wrong and the stress and craziness of the world. I want to plan a lesson around that song. I think I'll talk about the plan of salvation. I could give my testimony, even through it's nothing special. I could tell how God has saved people from things like drugs and poverty and depression. I could tell everyone how he can save them to, if they only are willing to ask. And I could say that just because you have accepted Christ as your savior doesn't mean that you can't give everything up to him again and feel renewed. Then I could play the song and say that right then was the time to give it all up again. I feel like I should invite more people to come that week. I will be teaching the message of salvation at that point. I want people to hear it who truly need it.

Fear has taken me
To a place I shouldn't  be
Pretending not to care
Seeing is believing, now its here
Read my face, theres a past I can't escape
I keep running, I keep running away
Superhero
Save my life tonight
I know
You'll be there to fight
I won't let go
Bring me in the light
Superhero
Save my life tonight
Save my life tonight
The spark is now a flame
The fire that you breathed inside of me'
Now, there is not doubt
There will be some knocking down and dragging out
You build me up and I'm forever changed
If I should fall, then I'll just call your name
Superhero
Save my life tonight
I know
You'll be there to fight]
I won't let go
Bring me in the light
Superhero
Save my life tonight
Save my life tonight...

Thanksgiving is coming up. My dad is working with his brothers to try and organize a family gathering of some sort. I just want to eat. I don't really care if all of the people are there, I don't like half of them anyway. I just like food. Wow, that was harsh. Sorry, I'm just really hungry and kinda angry. I'm hangry. I still have like an hour until lunch. I guess I'm done for now.

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Are there any that are special family recipes?

Well, goodbye for now.

Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!