November 9, 2012

Senior Year

So, this year is my senior year in highschool,if you haven't already figured it out. Its wierd to be doing some of these things for the very last time. Today, I am feeling extra nostalgic because of the fact that I will attend my last peprally today. They will play a special song for the seniors and we'll all run down to the middle of the gym and I'll probably cry. I always get emotional over things like this. I keep thinking of how I will soon be moving on. Some of these people I will never see again (PRAISE THE LORD!) and some of them I will really miss. I start thinking about college and what type of things I want to have in my dorm and what kind of new people I will meet. Then I take a big jump ahead to the future where all of us will be married and some of us will have kids of our own. I have friends who have been in relationships for a year or more and I sit and think, will they be married the next time we meet after high school? It seems that these years go by so fast.

Personally, I am in no hurry to leave my hometown. I don't hate my family or the tiny community that I live in. I wouldn't mind staying here all of my life. But I know I am destined for bigger things. I want to be a movie director. I know that directing is something that I am really good at and enjoy and I also know that there is very little chance of me staying where I currently am and making my dream a reality. I know I will probably have to move to a big city or possibly California (Eeeeeewwww! Liberals! No Offense...) in order to find a job. I would love to work kind of free-lance like Issaac Dietz and Tessa Violet do. Those two filmmakers are my heroes at the moment. I don't know if I'll ever become as famous as Steven Spielberg or Charlie Chaplin, but I know I will become a director somehow.

On a completely unrelated note, I really don't know why I have begun blogging again. I know that I want to keep track of the fun I am having during my senior year, so that is part of it. I also know that many famous people who I am a fan of blog when they have nothing else better to do. Currently, I have very little else to do. I could write essays for scholarships but I am way too distracted today. I have no real work to do in my online college class at the moment. I just felt thinky and needed to get it out.

On the subject of YouTube, by the way (Wow, I am being really random today (Hey! That rhymed!)) I am working on getting some neew editing software. I shot a music video on like October 27th but I haven't edited it yet because of the fact that Windows Movie Maker is a really crappy video editing tool. I want to be able to use Sony Vegas someday, but it is way out of my price range at the moment. My current budget is $0 to whatever my parents will buy me. I think I might just download a free trial of PowerDirector and make the music video from there. I have worked with PowerDirector before and it seemed decent. The music video is to the song "Zombie" by Family Force 5, and it has actual people in it besides myself and my brother. So, be on the lookout for that sometime around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I will probably do some how-to/blog videos and covers before then, so don't worry. And if you get to bored with my videos, feel free to watch the many videos of Isaac Dietz, Meekakitty, and Nanalew. They are all pretty amusing. And amazing.

Wow, I have taken up a whole 20 minutes just typing this. Dual Credit class really is useful for something after all. I really should do this more often. I keep having these random ideas of things that I want to do. Today, blogging was one. I also came up with a senior year music video idea today. I have my camera in my backpack, so I should be able to start it today also. I want to start my own charity/mission type of thing. I want to help people while having fun and have a way that others can help them also. It still in the developmental processes of my brain. I have been meditating on it for several days. I kinda want to make it into a movie project also. Isaac Dietz did a thing called "Search For Joy" that was really interesting in my opinion. I want to do something similar.

And now, because I have run out of ideas for what to type and because I just want to be EVEN MORE RANDOM...

Question of the day... errr, blog... or week or something like that:

If you could replace a single hour long segment of your day with an activity that you enjoy, what segment would you replace, why, and what activity would you replace it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!