December 11, 2012

Secret Fanfiction...

I guess this is something that I've been hiding for a long time. I want to finally let it out.


I am secretly a fanfiction writer.


There it is. I said it. I know, I know, its hard to believe. I don't write it very often, just when I come up with a really intriguing story idea. I don't really publish them on the internet either. I have a notebook that I carry around all of the time, and I write them there. Sometimes I put myself in the story, sometimes I don't. Most of the time, though, I make the main character a romanticized version of myself.

The beginning of my fanfiction writing was probably when I first started highschool. My first one was a Priates of the Caribbean one. Basically, I took the story where the third movie left off (there were only three movies at that time), skipped foreward about ten years, and expanded upon it.

My first ideas for the stories I write normally come from things I think up to help me get to sleep at night. I used to read or listen to music before I go to bed, and I still do sometimes, but now I do this. I think of some person or character that I would like to meet or be, and then create a story in my mind where that can happen.

It kind of works the same way I come up with the ideas for my music videos. I sit there and think about the song until I come up with a few sequences that would make sense. Then, I find a way to stitch them together. I just have a really great imagination and ability to see things in my mind.

Most of the time, the stories I come up with are based on my most recent obsession. There was the Pirates one, along with a Peter Pan one, and a superhero one, and right now I am working on a FF5 one. I have never thought about putting the stories out for people to read until now. I'm still very unsure about it.

One big problem with my stories is that I can never get to the end of one. The only one I ever finished was the Peter Pan one, and it was only like a page and a half long. My Pirates one is still a work in progress. I got about half way into the story. I have about thirty handwritten pages. I think someday I will try and put them together in a kind of anthology. Maybe I can find someone to help me come up with the endings.

I am not really sure about whether I should be ashamed or proud of my ability to come up with a stoy continuation from almost anything. Its wierd because I have been doing this sort of thing since I was a little kid. I would do something more like act it out back then, but I still put myself into stories with characters that weren't really there.

So, the 100th blog post is coming up soon and I would love to do something special for it. Its like a birthday for my blog. I've really increased in popularity since I first started blogging. I'm not sure what to do though. If I get enough encouragement, I might post one of my fanfiction stories. However, I'm still very scared to do that. I promise my blog won't turn into a place for nothing but fanfics, this should just be a one time thing.

So, at this point, I need your help. In order to get me to post a fanfic on the 100th post, I need you, the viewers, to do the following things.

  1. Subscribe to me on YouTube
  2. Subscribe to blog updates
  3. Get this blog to 300 views for this month before the 100th post
  4. Comment and tell me what fanfic you want to read
Your choices for a fanfic are as follows:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Superheroes
  • Peter Pan
  • Family Force 5
  • Something that you suggest
Right now, there are eight more posts until the 100th one. That means three more posts this week, no posts this weekend, then five more posts next week. Next week, on friday, I will post the 100th post. Its funny, because that is the day I get out of school. I will probably start by posting part of the story during my time at school, then finish the rest once I get home. I will only be in each class for like thirty minutes, and I should be home by about two or three. Nonetheless, if you want to hear the story, you have to comment, subscribe, and get me a bunch of views.

Right now, there are 157 views for this month. You are more than half way there. Meanwhile, keep reading, and comment to let me know what story you want to see. I'm relying on you all to do this, or I won't post the story. Good luck, and may the best story suggestion win!

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!