December 7, 2012

A Christmas-y Bloggity Blog Blog...

Yesterday, I got to go out and see a bunch of houses decorated for Christmas, along with several other women from my church. We went to three houses, a church, and an event center. I drank so much wassel, its unbelievable. And everyone has a different kind. My favorite was some that had pineapple and cranberry juices in it. I at so many cookies also. There were so many different kinds of chocolate chip and sugar cookies and whatnot. After we had been to all of the locations, we went into McDonalds and got food. I had a peppermint mocha coffee, which was delicious, and some fries.

Then, we went to something called "The Christmas Ranch", or at least that's what everyone around here calls it. Basically, it is a giant drive through of Christmas lights. There was a giant red reindeer and a waterfall with fish. There was a merry go round that told the story of the nutcracker and a ferris wheel with stuffed animals. Every year, they add something new, and this year it was about 5 or 6 peacock decorations. They looked like little peacocks made out of christmas lights and wire. There are certain dates that Santa visits the Christmas ranch, so you can stop by to get your picture taken and give him your list. I think we might stop by on one of those days just so my little brother can see Santa.

I think the most fantastic part of the whole ordeal was the chance to talk to eachother about anything and everything. We told stories and Christmas memories. We laughed so much and at times came close to crying. It was just awesome to be able to freely fellowship with a bunch of fun people. We didn't HAVE to talk about church or worry about making sure everything was done the proper way. We did the same thing last year. I hope that we get to do it next year too.

Today I get to go to a similar gathering. After school, everyone will meet at the house of our former sunday school teacher. Then, all of us girls (it was a teenage girl sunday school class) will go out and set these signs that have scriptures on them. We have done this twice before, I think. Once we get back, we'll have Chick-fil-A and decorate Christmas cookies. I know there will be a ton of laughter and fun, as always.

I love those kinds of settings for fellowship. Its so comfortable and everybody knows eachother well enough to open up. You don't have to worry about being judged for what you say and you feel right at home. I wish I could go to things like that more often. Its those kinds of gatherings that make friendships become stronger.

I have come up with a couple more ideas for t-shirts. I plan to make some special ones for Christmas gifts. My friend, Sarah, gave me the idea yesterday during the Christmas home tour thing. Take a shirt for each person and put a certain word that describes them on it. My only problem will be coming up with the words and making sure that I don't waste supplies. I think I can probably do two or three words on the screen at once, then just not put in through the words that are not for whatever shirt I'm doing. Or, just put tape over those parts temporarily.

Question of the day:
What is your favorite Christmas memory?

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

And don't forget to tell me who you are!